Do you have a story to tell about your engagement in Landcare? Or would you like to read other people’s stories?
The stories feature on the Landcare platform is a great way to engage in a range of different topics across the Landcare space. Find stories written by catchment coordinators about their best practices, narratives about what Landcare has done for people personally, and information about local biodiversity around Australia. Landcare stories has it all.
Viewing other people’s stories
There are a couple of ways you can see other people’s stories. You can do this by clicking on the filter for stories beneath your post box on your Landcarer landing page (check the photo below) Click on ‘stories’ to filter your feed by the most recent stories written on the Landcarer platform.
Another way you can access stories is through the blog sidebar on the right hand side of your page. Just scroll down till you see a box titled ‘Most Viewed Blogs’. You can click on ‘view more’ to see the whole collection of stories on Landcarer.
Adding your own Story
Once you’ve logged in, you need to click ‘Add Story’ in the green shortcuts menu on the left of the page. This will open a Submit your Story page.
To submit a story you need a few key elements:
- A Title: Try and be specific and concise to help other Landcarer users understand what your story is about.
- Content: This is the main body of your story. You can copy and paste it from a document into the ‘Content’ box and format it using the tools on top of the box. Make sure you break your story into paragraphs to make it easy for people to read on a screen. Make sure you include the most important information the audience needs to know.
- Images: A picture can tell a thousand words, and really bring a story to life, especially if you include photos of the people, places or species mentioned in your story. You can drag an image from your computer and drop it into the green box, or you can browse your computer to find an image using the Browse button. You’ll see some tips below the green box on photo size, but there is a size limit of 15MB per image. It’s good to remember that small file sizes work best on screens and the photos don’t need to be large files.
- Categories: Select the category from the dropdown menu which best suits your story. You can also add topics that you think may be relevant in the Topics field. This will help people find it easily if they’re searching for stories with a specific category or topic.
- Before you publish your story you need to select the privacy level from the dropdown menu.
If you’d like to save your story as a draft and come back and finish it later, you can do that by clicking on the ‘Save as Draft’ button. Once you’re happy with it you click on the green ‘Publish’ button to make your story live on Landcarer.
To see what stories have already been shared on Landcarer, you can visit www.landcarer.com.au/stories.
In this section you can search for stories in a specific category, by clicking on the category on the left side of the page.
You can also search stories by inserting a keyword or topic in the search bar at the top of the page, or click on the three dots beside the magnifying glass icon to search by author.
In the Quick Access Menu on the right side of the page you can easily access the stories you’ve posted, stories posted by your Landcarer connections, or your favourite stories or storytellers.
You can add a story to your favourites by clicking on the Favorite button just under the story title.
If you are having trouble with any of this, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com